Volunteer Champions Registration
Either fill in the application on this page or click the Volunteer Application Form link above to open a new page. Click Volunteer Opportunities link above to see a full list of the positions available.
For more information about volunteering please contact the Volunteer Champions Committee Chair, Grace Rath at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Volunteer Info
- Volunteer registration opens October 1
- Volunteers must be 15 years and older
- We are happy to accommodate school or work volunteer programs
- We welcome volunteers with disabilities and will make every effort to accommodate you
- All Festival of Trees volunteers need to sign a WAIVER yearly
- Waivers must be completed prior to the start of your first shift
- CLICK HERE TO SEE WAIVER
- Tree, wreath, gingerbread and other decorators are also required to complete a waiver (copies will be available at set up on November 21)
- Completed waivers can be emailed to email@example.com
- Printed copies of the waiver are available at the Festival’s Pop-up Office at the Western Development Museum (October 1 to December 1; open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, closed holidays)
- Volunteers who handle cash, or are in a position of authority or trust relative to vulnerable persons are required to complete a criminal record check
- CLICK HERE TO SEE CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK POLICY
- Criminal record checks are to be completed every five years with continuous volunteer service
- Volunteers must attend volunteer orientation (held November 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm at the Western Development Museum)
- All Festival of Trees volunteers are required to abide by our Code of Conduct
- Volunteers will act with respect for the cause, the stakeholders, the organization and the community
- Volunteers must treat with respect all visitors, staff and fellow volunteers with whom they interact while conducting Festival business
- Volunteers will carry out their involvement responsibly and with integrity
- Volunteers will not participate in, condone, or engage in dishonesty, fraud, deceit, misrepresentation or illegal activities
- Volunteers must not use their status as a Festival volunteer to obtain personal gain from those doing or seeking to do business with the Festival
- Volunteers must avoid all situations in which their personal interests conflict or might conflict with duties to the Festival. If a conflict arises, it must be immediately reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must maintain confidentiality of any information learned and/or contributed as a result of their service
- Any breach of the code of conduct will be sufficient grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination of the individual from the volunteer position
... will benefit Saskatoon City Hospital by helping raise funds for equipment purchases.
Volunteers are the Champions of the Festival of Trees!
It takes over 300 volunteers to operate the Festival during its set-up and nine-days of activities.
We couldn't do this Festival without volunteers, so... thanks!! You're the best!
For information about volunteering please contact the Volunteer Champions Committee Chair, Grace Rath at: email@example.com